thorens td-115 right channel static then out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another question about a thorens td-115 that I just inherited. Before I received it, the original owner said that the right channel was completely out and that he could not locate the source of the problem. I walked it across the street (literally) to my apartment, and the right channel seemed to work fine again. Over the next two days the right channel exhibited some static and high end distortion and then went dead. I removed the chassis to look for any obvious problems in the wiring, found none, put it back together, and the right channel was back again but with the same high end distortion. One hour later and the right channel is out again.

I am posting this with the hope that there might be some typical weak point in the wiring or connections in the thorens line or the td-115 in particular that has been identified. Or if someone has a sense of where the hold up might be give the above description - vague as it is. The tonearm connections were cleaned to make sure the problem wasn't at that point, and the source of the problem seems to be the connections directly underneath the tonearm pivot under the chassis. Thanks for any help any of you can provide.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.