Cartridge and Tonearm suggestions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to spend up to 250 on a tone arm and 300-450 on a cartridge was just wonder what my best options in these price ranges are? Also what is the advantage to using an S style tonearm versus a straight tonearm? One of the tone arms I was thinking of is a Jelco SA-250 or SA-250ST. I might be willing to spend more on the tone arm but then that would be less on the cartridge and upgrade the cartridge later. In that scenario I was thinking the Jelco SA-750D. The SA-250 is around 200-250 and the SA-750D I found for about 400. Are there better tonearms out there then these for around the same price?

Was thinking of maybe trying a Grado Prestige Gold cartridge. And at this point I'm leaning towards the Jelco SA-250. Do you guys think this would be a good combo? I've listened to my friends Music Hall MMF-5.1 and I'd like a cartridge/tonearm combo thats at least a step above what comes with that TT. Does a cartridge depend on what my music preference and what not is?

That would be awesome :) I'll probably be building a linear tracking air bearing tonearm though. But still would be greatly appreciated of the cartridge :) At least it could hold me over for a while, while I work out kinks and what not. Shoot me an email doug dot dale at gmail dot com.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.