Help! Questions re Linn LP12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All! I recently acquired an older Linn LP12 and I can't figure out if the power source is original or a non-Linn replacement. I know the unit is older (i.e. probably pre-1985) but I do not know when exactly it was purchased.

Any advice on what you see in the pics attached would be most appreciated. I will gladly answer requests for further info.

Many thanks,
CC99

Attachments

• lp12 power board 2.jpg
    lp12 power board 2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 249
Go to the vinylengine library link which shows the history of how the LP12 evolved and the serial number sequence. This should give you a pretty good idea of when your table was produced.
Here is the Analogue Addicts LP12 FAQ page for more info.
I have an early wiring diagram in pdf format that I can email to you if need be. It looks like what you have in the pic.

Jeff

CC99 said:

Any advice on what you see in the pics attached would be most appreciated. I will gladly answer requests for further info.

Many thanks,
CC99

Once i had an even older Linn. There has to be a phase-splitting cap and a votage dropping resistor. The two extra cap are indeed to filter switching on/off noise.

Attachments

• bottomlp12.jpg
    bottomlp12.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 197
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.