Rega Planar 3 PSU resistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A few weeks ago I managed to see a part of the rega site I can now not get in to. It had all the service info. Rega actually recommends replacing the resistor with a second 0.22 mfd cap now. This avoids the "heat generating" that the resistor does and is according to Rega more reliable.

Use at least 250V AC rated cap if you do go this route.

Yep!. Many found out the site, (So did REGA!), many accessed it and now it's gone.
The info pages does not contain actual motor circuit diagrams. Rega P3-2000 and upgrade motor sets have an improved circuitry with extra resistors. I've traced and documented the circuit privately for my future reference, when I took steps to improve things a bit underneath. I added a noise suppressor cap across the switch wires to suppress an irritating pop whenever flicking the switch.

coolmaster said:
Yep!. Many found out the site, (So did REGA!), many accessed it and now it's gone.
The info pages does not contain actual motor circuit diagrams. Rega P3-2000 and upgrade motor sets have an improved circuitry with extra resistors. I've traced and documented the circuit privately for my future reference

Yup, I thought it was a mistake, hence I immediately went through each fault tree and saved all the pages...

You have my attention though on the new motor cct....
I suspect/guess they may have reduced overall voltage and perhaps reduced voltage over the second phase shifted motor winding even further?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.