Replacement of a Technics 1210MK2 tonearm **help needed**

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's a long story but after a "friend" of mine contacted me about buying some records ($150.00 worth) and music equipment to be able to pay his rent i ended up helping him out with locating interested parties. A few friends of mine who had been saving for a couple years of weeklies ( it's a free event so it takes forever to save any money from the "bar percentage" they earn) were in need so i thought i was helping two groups of friend at once.
long story short the "seller friend" was dishonest and i bought a pair of tables for this weekly that don't work, he's been upfront about having no intention of giving my money back so since i don't want to go to jail for beating someone to death i'm accepting that the decks need attention and am sinking my own money into them to make sure the people i "hooked up" with the tables don't get screwed. I'm fairly confident that the tonearms have had their day and replacing them should solve my problems, one of the 4 contacts inside the tonearm are simply broken with ones on either stuck inside the tonearm and filthy beyond belief. I played on one of them when i bought the records and i didn't think i had reason to distrust that mother ****** Zack. Anyway, I'm replacing the rca's with tributaries SCA 300's & while i'm in there also calibrating a few things that could use it. I've done some mods on a few decks in my days as far as replacing RCA's, led's, power cords ect but this will be my first tonearm mod.oem replacement so any tips from the people who have done it would be appriciated and endless amounts of good karma will be on their way to you for helping someone who got screwed trying to help friends.
or if i can be of service to those who need tips let me know, perhaps i'll document the whole orderal and make a pdf if no one can help me befoore hand and repost my findings to help others in the future.
Peace!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.