Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2008, 10:23 AM   #1
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default Lyra cartridge compliance!

As everybody know Lyra specifies the compliance of the pickups at 100Hz, and when calculating the resonance frequency you should count at the compliance at 10Hz.
The specified compliance for Lyra helikon is Approx. 12 x 10 x (1/1000000) / dyne at 100 Hz
Is it possible in any way to convert it to 10Hz? or have anybody seen what compliance they does have at 10Hz?

I have read that you could just simply multiply the compliance with something like 2 - 2.5 times to get the compliance at 10Hz, but that seems a bit to much for this one, doesnt it? i mean then the "actual" compliance would be something between 24-30 cu. Which would mean that the pickup would be a high compliance pickup that would pretty much be perfect for low mass tonearms. (since the weight of the PU is 8gr).

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 11th February 2008, 02:19 PM   #2
Bobken is offline Bobken  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I don't know if you are aware of this, but Jonathan Carr (jcarr) the designer of Lyra cartridges is a member here.

Why not contact him direct about this issue, and I am sure that he would be able to answer any relevant queries you may have about his designs.

Regards,
Old 11th February 2008, 02:52 PM   #3
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Well, i didn't know that.. i'm kinda diyaudio-newbee. But big thanks for pointing me directly to him!

Regards,
Robert

Hide this!Advertise here!