Oracle motor/controller problems - DIY turntable - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th August 2011, 08:39 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Default Using Oracle Alexandria electronics

I have one of these boards and motor too. Not working.
When a few Volts are applied to the red and whit wires on the motor a little swing shows, indicating the coils should be OK.
I dont have the dynamic stabaliser nor the (110V) power supply adapter.
I use an old DC adapter from a HP printer that throws out 24Volts at over 1 amp. Stable 24Volts and much betterdesign than original I guess.

I may think the zener diode is not working prpperly to trigger the rest. Output to and from LM317 seems correct. How to check the zener diode here or should I look elsewhere?

Any suggestions are welcome to me, novice in electronics.
Old 22nd August 2011, 02:51 PM   #22
limono is offline limono  United States
diyAudio Member

Does any of you have Oracle top plate in good condition, mat and acrylic dust cover? Regards,L
Old 13th December 2012, 04:52 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to SergeDufour
Default Alexandria motor

I got an Alexandria that the motor was dead. I realize the controller had a resistor burned and a cap shirted in the input of the regulator Lm317. Once changed, the controller seems to work fine, changing the led speed from 33 to 45.
But the motor is still not turning. Anyone with a pinnout of the motor or schematic so I can make some tests and measurements ?
I can't believe such a motor would burn I suspect the controller still.
If it's the motor, any suggestion for an equivalent BRUSHLESS motor ?
Old 29th December 2012, 04:26 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Hey... I saw some of your post on Oracle Turntable Motor.
I have one and I repaired the controller. All parts being checked, I can't make the motor run, only when I inject some noise on some of the transistor pack.
Can you supply me the motor pinnout or some way to check if it is blown (tests, measurement).

Any references would be greatly appreciated.
Old 29th December 2012, 04:28 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default Oracle motor controller test and wiring please

Hey... I saw some of your post on Oracle Turntable Motor.
I have one and I repaired the controller. All parts being checked, I can't make the motor run, only when I inject some noise on some of the transistor pack.
Can you supply me the motor pinnout or some way to check if it is blown (tests, measurement).

Any references would be greatly appreciated.
Old 9th January 2013, 01:22 AM   #26
cdebien is offline cdebien  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi, If you find shematic I'am also interested. I repalce a burned resistance and the pico fuse and nothing light or turn. I dismantel the motor and look like fine (no burned wire).The only problem I expect is the control board but without diagram or measuring voltage point i connot solve the problem.
Old 12th January 2013, 11:50 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

I've just repaired an early Paris controller for a friend. I'm ot sure if the circuit is the same though. On the Paris the supply is 24vdc and the motor is 6vac. The controller uses 2 quad op-amps in a wein bridge circuit that drives the transistors that drive the motor. I just replaced one of the op-amps and everything was good.

Hide this!Advertise here!