Oracle motor/controller problems - DIY turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Using Oracle Alexandria electronics

I have one of these boards and motor too. Not working.
When a few Volts are applied to the red and whit wires on the motor a little swing shows, indicating the coils should be OK.
I dont have the dynamic stabaliser nor the (110V) power supply adapter.
I use an old DC adapter from a HP printer that throws out 24Volts at over 1 amp. Stable 24Volts and much betterdesign than original I guess.

I may think the zener diode is not working prpperly to trigger the rest. Output to and from LM317 seems correct. How to check the zener diode here or should I look elsewhere?

Any suggestions are welcome to me, novice in electronics.
:eek:

Alexandria motor

I got an Alexandria that the motor was dead. I realize the controller had a resistor burned and a cap shirted in the input of the regulator Lm317. Once changed, the controller seems to work fine, changing the led speed from 33 to 45.
But the motor is still not turning. Anyone with a pinnout of the motor or schematic so I can make some tests and measurements ?
I can't believe such a motor would burn I suspect the controller still.
If it's the motor, any suggestion for an equivalent BRUSHLESS motor ?

Hey... I saw some of your post on Oracle Turntable Motor.
I have one and I repaired the controller. All parts being checked, I can't make the motor run, only when I inject some noise on some of the transistor pack.
Can you supply me the motor pinnout or some way to check if it is blown (tests, measurement).

Any references would be greatly appreciated.

Oracle motor controller test and wiring please

Hey... I saw some of your post on Oracle Turntable Motor.
I have one and I repaired the controller. All parts being checked, I can't make the motor run, only when I inject some noise on some of the transistor pack.
Can you supply me the motor pinnout or some way to check if it is blown (tests, measurement).

Any references would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, If you find shematic I'am also interested. I repalce a burned resistance and the pico fuse and nothing light or turn. I dismantel the motor and look like fine (no burned wire).The only problem I expect is the control board but without diagram or measuring voltage point i connot solve the problem.

I've just repaired an early Paris controller for a friend. I'm ot sure if the circuit is the same though. On the Paris the supply is 24vdc and the motor is 6vac. The controller uses 2 quad op-amps in a wein bridge circuit that drives the transistors that drive the motor. I just replaced one of the op-amps and everything was good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.