The electronically controlled AEG G 020 motor - is it good for a DIY turntable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I'd like to know if anyone knows, or (by the way...) ever tried, the electronically controlled AEG G 020 motor in a DIY turntable? This is intended to have a 7,5V power supply, the rest you may see in the photo...

Thanks in advance, cheers, WT

Attachments

• aeg g 020 motor c.jpg
    aeg g 020 motor c.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 550
Hi there!

I've got a couple of these motors, one still vacuum-sealed in the original package. Although these were made in Germany, they were purchased in France by a friend of my late father, who tried it using a DC6V supply as well.

I have no idea about what my father had in mind when purchasing these motors (but yes, he was a passionate about tape recorders and I still do not know what to do with a huge tape recorder collection, of every sizes and shapes... :).

This motor model connects to the control board by nothing less than 12 wires, even thought three of them are linked together.

I'm attaching an image of the included schematics.

Greetings from Portugal, JPB

Attachments

• aeg g 020 motor d.jpg
    aeg g 020 motor d.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 387
Hi, GD!

Yes, I intend to give it a try in the future, but for that I've to get a Scheu platter and bearing first (or any similar combo).

I'll retain the motor I first pictured, and will sell the sealed one (see attached photo) if I'll get any sensible offer...

Cheers, JPB

Attachments

• aeg g 020 motor e.jpg
    aeg g 020 motor e.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 356
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.