Spacedeck 240V to 120V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just moved back to the US from the UK, and I'd like to get my NAS Spacedeck up and running.

The motor is a Premotec model 32311 and from the data sheet can be wired in series for 220V (which it is) or parallel for 110V (which I want). I know I'd need a new pulley too. But looking at the spec sheet from Premotec's site, the torque of the motor drops from 7mNm to 4mNm.

I figure this is a nonstarter.

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing. Or am I gonna have to give a retailer a call and buy a new USA motor/pulley unit?

thanks
Dan

Attachments

• spacedeck.jpg
    spacedeck.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 126
Oh and I see that at 50Hz it spins at 250rpm and at 60Hz, 300rpm. So maybe the extra gearing to get to 33 1/3 makes the lower torque acceptable. I wouldn't think that a motor would have been used that wouldn't have been usable at both EU and N.Amer specs.

I'm gonna try a dealer for a 60Hz pulley.

Dan

I'm no Mark Kelly, but I'll do my best to answer your questions here.

the 300/250 rpm ratio should correlate directly with pulley radius, as should the torque on the outer edge of the pulley. Since NAS uses the minimum possible amount of torque, you may be out of luck with this particular motor. However, you can order premotec motors direct from manufacture.

shallbehealed said:
I'm no Mark Kelly, but I'll do my best to answer your questions here.

the 300/250 rpm ratio should correlate directly with pulley radius, as should the torque on the outer edge of the pulley. Since NAS uses the minimum possible amount of torque, you may be out of luck with this particular motor. However, you can order premotec motors direct from manufacture.

Figure if it can turn it at 45rpm with the torque from 240v hookup, it can turn it at 33rpm wired for 120V

Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.