Sony PS-X70 dead motor pole?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 2 Sony PS-X70 direct drive Turntables and both exhibit the same behavior. The platter motors run but, they do not start from a dead stop at all platter positions. I can start the table with the platter at one position but if I turn the platter 90 degrees, it won't start without a push. One table I have had for several years and the other I bought for parts on Ebay. Both have the same problem. Where do I start to solve the problem with these turntables???

Does this model have those wire-wrapped connectors on the boards? If so, first thing I'd be doing is to make sure they're well-soldered. Those connections will have oxidized over the years.

I did this with my PS-X6, the earlier generation, and most any 70's vintage amp I see.

It may not be the answer to your problem, but it will eliminate one source.

Cheers,

David

U should be able to find the faulty hall sensor and replace it.
There will be at least three of them. So compare their output pins by rotating the motor manually, so that the sensors get activated.

When the magnet pole reaches the sensor, it will change the output. What pole the sensor senses, depends on its design. Some sense only north or south magnet pole and others sense both.

Gajanan Phadte

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.