You just can't win.. Warped LP's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, firstly as far as buying new vinyl goes I feel your pain.I think its absolutely shameful the way modern vinyl presents . And all those crap stickers saying 180g virgin vinyl , do your stylus a favour blah blah blah. Infact I refuse to buy new vinyl as absolutely everything I have bought (about 20 records) has had a problem with it, mostly that twist from slag removal, as well as one completely convex one that on 1 side has only the outer edges touching the mat and guess whats toucching the mat when you flip it over.! Other problems are noisy viny l( yeah do your stylus a favour alright), dropouts , harsh trebly remastering,, aaaahhhhggggggggg! As you will ascertain I am really trucked off with this, and everybody keeps telling me how great it is that vinyl is back(here in Australia the industry got rid off its vinyl pressing plants overnight when keh deh's first came out. Even those ultra thin stuff from the 70 s and 80's sounds better than the stuff they put out today. The whole experience has been a great diiapointment to me, and I love my vinyl(approx 2000 records)So its back to the opp shops, garage sales etc for me.
sorry for venting and peace and goodwill fergs

I have tried something different last week that seems to work quite ok.Instead of placing the record between two pieces of glass under the sun,I have heated the record with a hair dryer,and when it was well heated,then I placed it between the two pieces of glass and left it cool again.The result was really good.I thought of using my heatgun next time on an old record just to see its heat limits.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.