Kenwood KD-990 troubles/service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks!

My fabulous Kenwood KD-990 is making troubles! It does not start always when I hit the start-button. Giving the platter once a gentle push before hitting the start-button results in far too slow rotation, coming to a stop after a very slow turn. Otherwise perfectly fine condition (tonearm lift...).

The electronic brake also does not seem to work absolutely every time!

Do any of you have a clue and/or a service manual for that turntable??

Would be great!

All the best, Hannes

Hi,

most of the stuff was fixed long time ago ;)

Only thing left is the electronic brake, but maybe that's normal behaviour for that model?

At least I don't see any possible adjustments in the service manual regarding it.

All the best, Hannes

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Picture:

Arne K

Attachments

• p2210397 (medium).jpg
    p2210397 (medium).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 227
Hello,

I just purchased one of these KD-990 and I love it. However I'm having a hard time getting an owners manual. I'm trying to see how I can adjust the tonearm height, and get any other details on any tune up work it might need.

Can someone help please?

Thank you!!!
Eric

Platter jerks back and forth, mostly backward. What was the diagnose on your table?

On mine only the electronic brake acts unreliably, but is otherwise fine. From what I read this is not that uncommon and I still didn't fix it (also didn't have time to investigate).

I'm sorry I don't have much idea what could be wrong with your KD770! Wild guess would be sensor circuitry.

Hannes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.