Tascam 688? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd September 2007, 10:08 PM   #1
Riker is offline Riker  United States
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Tascam 688?

Does anyone know how to use this unit? I downloaded the whole manual and it never makes enough sense, and possibly some engrish as well.

My biggest problem is that I haven't figured out how to mix other tracks while recording. That basically makes it useless, I mean, ever other recorder on the market of today and yesterday wont do that. I mean, can you record an instrument track while not hearing yourself, or not hearing the track that you're working on while the other tracks are all up at the same level?

I just want to do a pre-mixdown while recording. The level sliders don't function unless set for final mixdown, which I cannot record in that mode. There is a ton of MIDI and other features on this board that I'll never use, this thing is a beast. Please help me out or point me in the right direction.

I like the way it sounds and don't want to invest in some other equipment just because I haven't mastered using it. The singer is gonna need to hear himself, and that wont be possible during recording unless I can turn down those darn guitar tracks.

Hide this!Advertise here!