Oracle Delphi( Best arm for this dec)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,I have an Oracle delphi turntable and am wondering what the best arm is for this silver surfer.

I hear than Linn ittok is bad combo.
Souther linear arms look cool but they are apparently a nightmare to set up:mafioso:

Rega rb 300 (modded) looks ok but is still in the lower end of market :(

Any advice would be very useful:nod:
Thankyou:nod:
Ian:nod:

Oracle Delphi, best arm!

Hi Croft,

I had the same problem, a few months ago.
Finally I'v desided to try the IKEDA IT-345 arm and IMHO this is the best arm for the Oracle Delphi III and up!
Be sure to use a very good cartridge I had the Van den Hul MC one Special, but evetualy the Shelter 901 was better for this arm and much better in the mid upper regions.

Let me know what you deside.

Regards,

AF.:idea:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
SME !

I was very happy with this setup.: (SME - V)

Arne K

Attachments

• oracle-4sml.jpg
    oracle-4sml.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,095
Great imfo(many thanks)

;) Hi fellow audiophiles.
Many thanks for all of the great imformation.
Audiofanatic ---Thanks for the great imfo,I will deffinately check out the arm etc that you mentioned.

Also thankyou Cobra 2 for the superb picture:cool:
I had bought the oracle delphi over 2 years ago and havent bought an arm for it yet.
It did come with a mission 774 arm and decca kartridge but i sold them after looking what was available.

I have a mark 1 unit which has a large adjustable chrome plated lever underneath.The turntable is superb,I had a look inside the seperate power supply which looks pretty basik:rolleyes: ,I guess that this is where the later versions excell.

The delphi has acres of brushed alimminium and i was wondering what the best cleaning solution is for this kind of surface.

Great to hear from other Delphi owners:mafioso:

Thankyou:nod:
Ian.

Hi AF,

yes it´s a Kimber. What cable do you use? As you can see I live in the south of Germany (although I come from the Netherlands) so coming by for a listen will be difficult.

I tried out a few cables before I bought the Kimber and I´m still very happy with it (trying out other cables can get expensive).

William

Hi Wil and peterr,

I'll send you both, within a few months, my cable so you can try it out!
And don't forget to tel me, the minimum length of the cable. I'm shure you'll sell your Kimber TAK AG! If you love to feel rather than listen to sub low freq. this is your cable. High is real and fluid not stressed!

I'll let you know when the cables are ready!

In the mean time enjoy music!

Groetjes,

Audiofanatic

Hi all

This brings back memories, used to
have an Oracle Delphi MK III many years ago,
sold it and got a Well Tempered instead,
thinking back I'm not sure it was an improvement,
the Oracles are special. :)
I started with a Fidelity Research (spelling?)
but ended up with a air-bearing tangential arm,
much better to my ears, was a pain to set up, though,
the 'table tended to shift when the arm moved.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.