Solid Wood Plinth

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are some pictures of my turntable that I did a few months back. The 'table is a 25 year-old Micro Seiki BL-51 with a new purpleheart (amaranth) plinth machined from solid with a same-vintage Micro Ma-505mkIII arm and an AT-150MLX cartridge. The pictures were taken at the Lone Star Audiofest and I had the set-up in the Dallas Audio Club room. Scroll down to 22 and 23 to see the 'table. I have pictures of my own, but this guy's photography is so gorgeous, I'll link to them instead:

http://www.triodeandco.us/lonestar07/photos/index.html

On playing the Rev. James Cleveland on a Savoy disk, one listener remarked that the presentation was "scary realistic". Audiophile quality records are where you find them!

John

That is a beautiful TT John, unless you were familiar with the original model, you'd never guess that the components were 25 years old. It has a very clean and modern look to it, understated but elegant.

Do you remember anything about the speakers in frame #29?

Jeff

Do you remember anything about the speakers in frame #29?

Those are Maxxhorn Immersion speakers manufactured and marketed by a friend of mine named Bob Spence. They are a rear loaded horn that exits at the bottom. I believe the co-axial driver is made by a Croation firm that uses a porpoise in its logo. I don't remember the name.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.