Tonearm Question : Transcriptors - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th January 2003, 07:25 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Magnetmaz
Default Tonearm Question : Transcriptors

Ok...here's the backstory :

I've always wanted a transcriptors turntable. I bought the pieces to a SATURN in Cleveland, shipped it off to Transcriptors in the UK to have it rebuilt...it definitely had a tonearm on it when i bought it. Anyways, when Michael Gammon opened up the box---no tonearm in there. Contacted the store in Cleveland who swears they definitely shipped it. Nobody else opened up the box ( sigh ).

I asked him if i could just throw an SME3009 (or whatever the decent arm i always see on Ebay is) and he told me that the Saturn could only take the original Saturn Arm, or the Vestigial Tonearm. Odd, since i swear i've seen an SME arm on a picture of the Saturn before. I know for certain that the Hydraulic reference can take SME's because they sell SME adapter plates for the Hydraulic.

Been looking on ebay for weeks...no vestigial tonearms....

Anyways.... HELP ME! Can it be modified to take SME tonearms? Is there something i can do here? It seems i've spent good money to have a turntable rebuilt that i wont even be able to hear for lack of a compatible tonearm.

Anyone have a saturn or vestigial tonearm sitting on their windowsill, not in use?

-Maz
Old 15th October 2004, 11:25 PM   #2
evo400 is offline evo400  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

you need to speak to mike again as we have several arms in stock .

Hide this!Advertise here!