technics SL 1200 MK3D tonearms

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i just want to replace them myself. i have attempted to find the user manual online as i cannot find mine and was wondering if anyone has done this themselves and if the user manual is even the place to look for instructions on this. not modifying or anything. just want to do a simple replacement of my tonearms.

thanks
flip

Hi flip

It's really easy.

Here's how I did it:

1. Remove mat & platter.
2. Turn TT upside down with the perspex cover in place. I placed min on top of a pillow.
3. Remove 4 feet by turning (unscrewing) anti-clockwise.
4. Remove all screws from the rubber base. Remove base. You may need to remove the mains plug to unthread the mains lead and audio lead from the cover.
5. Remove all screws from the composite moulding. Remove the moulding. Note: 4 of the screws at the back retain the hinge, so beware that it will flip up when released.
6. Disconnect the arm's earth lead from the chassis.
7. Remove the remaining assembly from the cover and ensure that the arm has support for when it detaches from its mounting.
8. Remove the 3 retaining screws of the arm and you should be able to remove it.

It's so simple that I wrote this from memory, though YMMV.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.