diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Analogue Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/)
-   -   Hey, where did my aux/cd/tuner inputs go? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/104877-hey-where-did-my-aux-cd-tuner-inputs-go.html)

Audiofirst 8th July 2007 12:57 PM

Hey, where did my aux/cd/tuner inputs go?
 
Good evening everyone from Brisbane Australia

Well, this is what happened. I switched off my Musical Fidelity A100 last night, after a great listening session. I turned back on this morning, nothing but silence. No inputs are working except for the tape input. There were some dry joints around the RCA input area, which I fixed. But nothing has changed.
I have noticed the sound from the CD is feint with the volume all the way up. There are also some suspect looking electrolytic capacitors in the vicinity of the input section. It looks like they have been affected by heat and the wrap on them has shrunk.

I've been without it for just a day and feeling withdrawal symptoms!:bawling:

Anyone wishing to offer pointers or advice on repairs for the model I'd be much obliged.

warm regards
Blake

Netlist 8th July 2007 01:13 PM

I suspect a problem on the tape/source switch. As you probably know, that switch disables all normal inputs when in tape mode. At least in my Sansui. :)

/Hugo

Audiofirst 8th July 2007 01:19 PM

Hugo

Thanks for that. I'll have another looksie. BTW great track by Robbie Robertson, (Somewhere down the crazy river). I sold an A1 using that very track in 1990...they were the days.

But I digress:rolleyes:
Hugo, I cant seem to locate a clear schematic of the unit anywhere. There's one posted in the forum, but it's hand drawn and reall hard to read, at least for me.

Cheers
Blake

Netlist 8th July 2007 02:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Basically, if my assumption is correct, there is really nothing more than a switch. Following the pcb traces and probing with an ohm meter should do the trick.
Here's the schematic of a Sansui BA3000 tape/source switch.
Please provide the link the A100 schematic, I'll have a look.

/Hugo

Audiofirst 8th July 2007 02:54 PM

Hugo

Again, thank you. I think it could well be the switch. She's back in one piece at present.

Cheers
Blake

Audiofirst 21st July 2007 11:27 AM

Just an update

Dry solder joints were the cause of the problem. Many thanks to all!


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:44 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2