Hey, where did my aux/cd/tuner inputs go?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good evening everyone from Brisbane Australia

Well, this is what happened. I switched off my Musical Fidelity A100 last night, after a great listening session. I turned back on this morning, nothing but silence. No inputs are working except for the tape input. There were some dry joints around the RCA input area, which I fixed. But nothing has changed.
I have noticed the sound from the CD is feint with the volume all the way up. There are also some suspect looking electrolytic capacitors in the vicinity of the input section. It looks like they have been affected by heat and the wrap on them has shrunk.

I've been without it for just a day and feeling withdrawal symptoms!:bawling:

Anyone wishing to offer pointers or advice on repairs for the model I'd be much obliged.

warm regards
Blake

Hugo

Thanks for that. I'll have another looksie. BTW great track by Robbie Robertson, (Somewhere down the crazy river). I sold an A1 using that very track in 1990...they were the days.

But I digress:rolleyes:
Hugo, I cant seem to locate a clear schematic of the unit anywhere. There's one posted in the forum, but it's hand drawn and reall hard to read, at least for me.

Cheers
Blake

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Basically, if my assumption is correct, there is really nothing more than a switch. Following the pcb traces and probing with an ohm meter should do the trick.
Here's the schematic of a Sansui BA3000 tape/source switch.
Please provide the link the A100 schematic, I'll have a look.

/Hugo

Attachments

• tapesource2.jpg
    tapesource2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 158
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.