Thorens TD 125 speed problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TD 125 transformer

I have one of these excellent players, maybe i post this in the wrong thread (my first post), but anyway, i have speed problems with mine. It is absolutely not moving. At all. Two years ago, it started to smell funny (not while playing!) and fumes began to rise. I pulled the plug, opened it up, had a quick look and put it on the i-do-it-later shelf. Anyway, now i've re-opened the old pal, had a thorough look inside, read all posts and manuals i can find out here, visually checked all the caps; they all look good to me, and come to the conclusion it's probably the transformer thats broke. I get 220 V in and not a single one out from it. It do looks a little burnt as well. No i need to replace it but i can't find the specs on it. The numbers on the transformer are "B 830 - 10" Thanks for looking!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.