Stylus hears adjacent grooves

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Mercury Starker Bach Cello Suites reissue has track print through from the vinyl.

The effect of hearing 1-revolution-out groove wall is due to two things, a near theoretical maximum playing time with close groove spacing and the records being spat out of the mould too hot.

Kind of like shrink wrapping something really thin, the thinner it is the more like each other both sides of the object will be.

Nonsense on system resolution. I've never heard a system, cheap or high end, where I couldn't hear pre and maybe post echo if the record was prone to it. IMO, vinyl is a extremely contaminated medium. You have the echo built in to the record. You have noise and off-center holes. Pops and clicks. Resonating tonearms triggered by warp. IM. The record itself transmits sound- you can hear a dust bug playing the grooves on the opposite side of the record if you use headphones and listen carefully on a silent groove. Bearing rumble. Motor vibrations and sometimes magnetically induced hum. Inaccurate RIAA curves, both in the record and the preamp. Face it, technically vinyl is junk. *But* all that stuff seems to be beneficial. Like many, my vinyl system is more convincing than my digital system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.