Lundahl LL9206 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I purchased some Lundahl LL09206 transformers to step up the signal between my MM Sony cartridge and my modified Pas3. I soddered them up with what I thought was correct but can not get any sound through them. I set up the jumpers for a gain of 20. The input is fairly clear its + and -. On the output side I connected the + and - as well to a rca plug to connect into the preamp. There is a Gnd and a CT conection that I have nothing connected to, shoud I? I also have the resistor holder sodered in but have it jummered. What is it I am doing wrong. Seems pretty straight forward.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks I figured it out! Kinda a dumb mistake on my part.

I do have sort of a kit, I got the transformers with the boards to simplify installation and jummering. They have a set of posts that you sodder in and then just insert your choice of load resistor without having to resodder if you change it out. Well I made a jumper to hold them straight and forgot to remove it. This ecessianly shorted out my input. ooops I felt a bit silly when I figured it out. Wish I would have figured that out before I ripped apart my preamp for testing.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a load resistor? My cartridge is 47 ohm I believe.

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.