Popular Electronics article on Direct Drive Turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If I am remembering that article correctly (it was ca. 30 yrs. ago!) the article described a kit turntable. The table is direct drive with an electronic speed control (auto pitch control) and speed fine-tune adjustment. It was a Netronics model 450D. I built one of these and have used it ever since. It's a good turntable and I can't find fault with it, but some of the more sophisticated audiophiles on this forum may not find it up to their standards. But then, I still use my old Pickering 190D (I think that's the model number) with a Shure V something or other cartridge and think the set up is fine for my purposes.

I seem to recall a magazine project like that (yes, it WAS over 30 years ago!) but I am not certain it was published in Popular Electronics. Since many libraries subscribed to Popular Electronics, there is a good chance you can find it either on microfilm, or digital scans.

Dale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.