Sansui Compusensor PM-7 Linear Tracking Turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sansui Compusensor PM-7 Linear Tracking Turntable

Hi Guys,

Having had one of these for sometime, I decided to try it out. Well... I know how to switch it on, the turntable turns, the relevant lights come on, but how do I get the thing to actually play a record?

Does anybody perhaps have a User Manual (or even some advice) for this t/t?

PM7_5.jpg

-F_D

sreten said:
Hi, a picture of the front controls would help, :)/sreten.

Here's a picture of the front controls:

Here is a front view of the unit:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The buttons from left to right are:

(Tracks) 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6- 7- Clear - Repeat - Up/Down - < Manual - Manual > - Start/Stop

The individual LEDs on the Track selectors all work, but pressing any of the Function buttons (Repeat - Manual) has no effect whatsoever. The Stop/Start button works, which simply rotates the platter. I have tried to open the unit, but there seems to be a trick in removing the cover without damaging the tone arm, which I have yet to fathom out.

:scratch2: :scratch2:

I have managed to locate a Service Manual for this unit, available from Rick at Stereomanuals.com. I have ordered it and will proceed with this task as soon as it arrives!

F_D

sreten said:
Hi,

Might sound stupid, but it will not work without a record on the platter.
Start should play the record. Can be programmed without the record.

:)/sreten.

Not shown clearly in the second photo is the Electric Light Orchestra recording that I was hoping to listen to... ;)

I have shelved the project until I receive the Manual, which is already winging its way to me :)

-F_D

Problem solved! The Service Manual arrived, the mystery of removing the top chassis was solved, and the problem turned out to be a slipping belt on one of the motors, the tangential one. Removal of the cabinet relies on the correct operation of this motor drive to the arm, which was not happening. At rest, all the other functions are muted, which is why they appeared to be inoperative.

-F_D

The pic disappeared and I can't edit this thread, but here is the missing pic:

-F_D

Here's a picture of the front controls:

Here is a front view of the unit:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The buttons from left to right are:

(Tracks) 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6- 7- Clear - Repeat - Up/Down - < Manual - Manual > - Start/Stop

The individual LEDs on the Track selectors all work, but pressing any of the Function buttons (Repeat - Manual) has no effect whatsoever. The Stop/Start button works, which simply rotates the platter. I have tried to open the unit, but there seems to be a trick in removing the cover without damaging the tone arm, which I have yet to fathom out.

:scratch2: :scratch2:

I have managed to locate a Service Manual for this unit, available from Rick at Stereomanuals.com. I have ordered it and will proceed with this task as soon as it arrives!

F_D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.