PS Audio Moving Coil Amplifier (MCA) Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, I have found the instruction sheet that came with the unit, as well as a specification sheet, and my old hand-drawn schematic. There are no component values on my schematic, and it's pretty messy.

I'm not sure of the specifications for the adapter, but on the weekend I could dig out my actual amplifier and measure it for you, and get actual component values as well if you need them. The adapter just supplies AC to the main unit where the rectifiers are located, so it's really just a power transformer. PS Audio originally sold this product with a small low current transformer (~0.5 amps) and later added a high current optional transformer(~3 amps). Personally, if I was still using mine I would add a regulator to the power supply as it has none. I had upgraded most of the capacitors in mine many years ago, this made a very significant improvement to the sound as did upgrading the transformer.

If you send my your email address via private mail I can send you the scans.

Take care,
Doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.