Shielding?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sheilding?

Hello, I hope I am in the right place. O if placing a highly sensitive audio circuit into a "Noisy" evironmet with EMI and RF is it a good idea to shield the circuit? -What I am taling about is findind a way to design sheilding for a PCI soundcard. Everybody says how noisy the inside of a PC is so wouldn't this be a good idea? How would I go about it? m I am doing research but figured I would ask here..
I hope it's in the right place...
So I want to sheild or isolate a circuit from interference from EMI and RF...and ideas?

not so much the wires..well I didn't consider them at first. I mean the PCI card itself. AS it has to pick up alot of noise from the busses. so how would one go about it? Wrap the circuitry in masking tape then a metal connductor such as copper then ground the sheilding plate? would this prevent EMI and RFI from getting to the circuits? or is ther a better way to do it? DO you know of any links that speak on this subject or ways of doing it? Thx for your response...much appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.