Preamp with line level output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm somewhat new to preamps (actually DIY electronics in general) but I've searched the net high and low for a schematic to build a simple preamp with an input for a guitar and a line level output. Either I don't recognize it when I see it or is this not normally done?

I'm expiramenting with (actually trying to design from scratch) a piano pickup and I need a box witth 6 preamp inputs which will then go to line level so I can work with it from there. I have the schematics everything else, I just need the preamp stage.

I just simulated that "guitar preamp" circuit. It almost amounts to a buffer, with less than 1 dB of voltage gain. That circuits description is misleading, I'd say. No wonder it sounded quiet. I was able to get 7 dB of gain by reducing the 2.2kohm resistor to 30 ohms and changing the 6.8 kohm resistor to 10kohms. Using an op-amp might be the quickest way to get you to large gain. Try an LF-353. It's got a JFET input. ...good for high impedance sources (i.e. guitar)

http://www.till.com/articles/PreampCable/index.html

Hi,

The above is the basis of the circuit and its not a pre-amp, it is
in effect a buffer, allowing a guitar to use long cables without
losing top-end. It has high power gain (allowing low impedance
loading) but low voltage gain - which is nowhere near enough.
It is designed to work into a guitar level input, so not a pre-amp.

Any more normal guitar pre-amp circuit will work into your AUX.

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.