The Analogue Addicts Phono Preamplifier 2006 Edition

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JesseG said:

I, too, would like to know if the 4562 could be used in this circuit.

I built an ultra-simple phono stage exactly from the National datasheet and it works way better than I have any right to expect. Verrrry promising. It has a persistent hum (quite low-level) which I am going to try to side-step by driving it with a pair of 12V batteries (my design skills are, shall we say, limited) :xeye:

With other folk's experiences and listening reports, this design and the LM4562 should make a giant-killer!

Jess

Hi,
which phono stage you built from datasheet: page1 or page24?

I have also best experience with LM4562 in CD player instead OPA627 biased in a-class. LM4562 is much better to my ears compare to OPA627.

regards, Bostjan

Got all the parts and started building this evening. I'm starting with the power supply and have a rarther newbie question about the pin layout of the voltage regulators. How should I read them? For example look at the 7812. Does the left dot (marked '1') on the picture correspond to the left pin on the IC? Of does it correspond to the 'input' of the IC? And how is that on the 7915, that has a different pin layout than the 78xx IC's.

Thanks very much, Ralph

Attachments

• psu.jpg
    psu.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,774
I just built the AA2k6 Phonostage and it`s really great!! Thank you Thorsten for developing this circuit and sharing it.

I followed your suggestions for part quality. The power supply I used was a battery ps with +/- 12V I already had. The sound is very clean and smooth without being soft. It`s pace and rhythm capabilities are very good. It`s good fun listening to it.

The only phono pre I had on hand to compare it to it was an Trigon Vanguard II with it`standard ps (costs new 360 €). Although this is not a bad one the AA2K6 wins hand down. I`m very happy with this unit.

ok,
i ask you all.
i have made a part list, but it ist hard to find the parts in the quality that thorsten prefer, anyone have the same problem, or a idea where i can get the parts.
anyone knows what thorsten with th 100µf ( BG) capicator means.
and last, how does it go with two 12 v lead battery.

dieter

Hi, long time but not forgotten,
i am wondering about building me a phono preamp like this and am wondering about the OPA637,
at digikey they stock a wast amount of these, a search gives me this http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=opa637, since i am considering a hardwired setup i vote for a opamp in a TO-99-8 paccage, long legs on the opamp gives me more play when hardwiring.

As for the different versions , there are 3 :
AM-ND @ 43$
BM-ND @ 45$ and
SM-ND @ 76$

What do you recomend?

Thanx

P.

Hi, long time but not forgotten,
i am wondering about building me a phono preamp like this and am wondering about the OPA637,
at digikey they stock a wast amount of these, a search gives me this http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=opa637, since i am considering a hardwired setup i vote for a opamp in a TO-99-8 paccage, long legs on the opamp gives me more play when hardwiring.

As for the different versions , there are 3 :
AM-ND @ 43$
BM-ND @ 45$ and
SM-ND @ 76$

What do you recomend?

Thanx

P.

Realizing that digikey have no stock an moq of 20 for the TO-99-8 i can prob. bin this idea,
The 8-PDIP seems like the new solution,

still there are 3 versions

OPA637AP @ 24$
OPA637AU @ 28$
OPA637BP @ 35@

same **** different price?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.