Denon Ha-500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

I just got a Denon HA-500 from my uncle and am keen on overhauling the fellow. Unfortunately, I am not able to find much information, especially the service manuals and data on the obsolete toshiba TA7179P.

Thus, I was hoping you guys could help me out with the following:

1) Service manual
2) Owner Manual
3) Datasheet or any information for the TA7179P (thinking of replacing it with a compatible amd better IC)

I have check with my local denon service centre but they do not have any information on it, I have also sent an email to toshiba for, thus far, there is no reply.

Appreciate any assistance you chaps can render

Thanks!
Steve

Denon HA 500 Q's

Hi, were you ever able to find a manual and parts for the HA 500?

I also picked one up and the question I have is where in the chain does this phono Denon pre go? The debat is, with an external MM pre, does the HA reside prior to the MM phono pre OR after? There seem to be questions on what Z in the HA has versus the Z of the MM pre that the MC cart needs to see. No manual found that can direct me to the proper setup so asking this question.

Would greatly appreciate any direction on the above Q and documentation location please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.