Lightspeed Attenuator a new passive preamp - Page 358 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th October 2010, 01:06 PM   #3571
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cln.white View Post
Hi All, I have just completed my second LS, no1 suffered from destroyed LDRīs when soldering. I then destroyed circuit board trying to change them, AHEM. The latest one I took great care with to ensure that it did not suffer the same fate. But, The sound is there in the background, very low, no matter where the volume is set, when I move the pot there is no change. any help with this would be much appreciated.
what kinda sound you hearing in the background? Is it noise OR a whisper when the pot is set to minimum.....I'm using the same setup without any problem...
Old 20th October 2010, 02:34 PM   #3572
diyAudio Member

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I can hear the music at very low level, it does not alter with the volume pot.
Colin.
Old 21st October 2010, 03:52 AM   #3573
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

CLN if no resistance is recorded then something is direly (is that a word? ) wrong, which obviously is obvious to you.
Whats wrong I dont know. I dont have that board and cant figure out why you have no reading, which means zero power, from the LDRs. No power is getting to them. Do you have a solder blob somewhere shorting ground to positive? Maybe a pick underneath.
Uriah
Old 21st October 2010, 03:54 AM   #3574
diyAudio Member

The pic looks like your regulator is in there backwards....
Old 21st October 2010, 04:27 AM   #3575
diyAudio Member

nvm, one pic looks wrong on the reg but the other two looks right. Im at a loss Colin.
Uriah
Old 21st October 2010, 07:39 AM   #3576
diyAudio Member

Thanks for that, I did check everything but obviously not as close as I should have, I will re-check again and report.
Colin.
Old 21st October 2010, 04:40 PM   #3577
diyAudio Member

Having checked the underside of the board I cant see anything that would cause the problem. This may sound really stupid but I just have to ask, on the diagram for the board I noticed that where the connector blocks sit that all the circuit runs are on the inside except the actual power which appears to be the circuit runs on the outside of the board, if this is true then this would explain why I have no power.Colin.
Old 21st October 2010, 05:15 PM   #3578
diyAudio Member

Why would that explain it? Your pictures, while well taken, dont reveal much.
Old 21st October 2010, 06:02 PM   #3579
diyAudio Member

That would explain it if the outside two connections are not in fact continued through to the inside connections of the board, if you follow me. Colin.
Old 21st October 2010, 06:18 PM   #3580
diyAudio Member

If it would help I can take more pictures of any area you want.

Hide this!Advertise here!