Op-amp help! What is 6552?!?!?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In the tuner I'm going to tweak: a technics St-S1 there's an ic : it has 8 pins, in dual in line pacKage... on the top is written 6552, is it an op-amp? Could be something else? Do you think I can replace it with an audiophile one? The tuner comes witha transistor output stage before an ic that protect against pop... I don't know if the ic is in the tuner section and if i can replace it obviously if it is an op-amp....
Any idea?
Thank You all....!
Domenico

Most of all I'mn intersted to know if this little ic could be somthing else in this package, since in the top isn't write "an", obviously it's a Technics (trhat means panasonic so is could be esxtremely probable this is this component...
Thank you,
Domenico
PS If You have any suggestion to improve the tuner please make me know!

Thanks for the op-amp datasheet link...
I have asked many on line schematic seller for the st-s1, thay have in catalogue the ST-S1 schematic but when I asked them for a copy no reply has been send...( excuse my horrible english)

If you find a schematic copy and you can send me a scan of it, It will be so helpfull!

Bye,
Do

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.