What's the function of this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folk!

I'm analysing a circuit from a pre-amplifier. I don't have the schematics. Not all component are represented on this home made diagram.

Does someone understand the use of IC400 in this circuit?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• output.jpg
    output.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 315
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
It's an integrator that is performing the task of DC servo and holding the DC at the output of the second IC at 0V. Quite why they've chosen to use an OPA2134 for that function, I don't understand. The servo op-amp is usually chosen for its low DC offset rather than good audio quality.

EC8010 said:
Quite why they've chosen to use an OPA2134 for that function, I don't understand. The servo op-amp is usually chosen for its low DC offset rather than good audio quality.

My guess is that, the way this circuit is configured, any integrator grunge will be fed directly into the non-inverting input with no attenuation. So op-amps which are particularly suitable from a low-offset and low-bias-current standpoint might not be optimal.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
SY said:
My guess is that, the way this circuit is configured, any integrator grunge will be fed directly into the non-inverting input with no attenuation. So op-amps which are particularly suitable from a low-offset and low-bias-current standpoint might not be optimal.

Good point, I've no doubt that you are right. It's a trade-off between good DC performance and LF noise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.