counterpoint sa-100/sa-220 schematics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I used to service the SA-12 and the SA-100, unfortunately the matched output pairs are now quite unobtainium. They have a distressing tendency to fry their output mosfets anytime the outputs get shorted for any reason at any level. My solution was to install fast blow fuses of about half the rated current recommended by Counterpoint, and this usually worked.

It is not even clear to me that electronic short protection would have worked in these, some sort of current foldback would have been required due to the relatively high supply voltages involved and the large short circuit fault currents that flow when the outputs are shorted. (Grossly exceeding soa when shorted.)

I am not sure what subs are out there for the output devices, but they will need to be well matched otherwise there will be problems with dc drift at the outputs..

The case is great for building something else in.. (sorry):bawling:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Two threads for same poster

Hi All,
Williams has the same topic going in
this thread. It's in the Solid State forum.

We should only be working on one to avoid confusion.

Hey Kevin,
Looks like we suffered with the same people. I was owed $$ when they went down. See my comments in the other thread with regard to mosfet matching.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.