"Large" RCA (and video) plugs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I need 5 pairs of RCA plugs, capable of accepting Belden 1694A video coax – “nominal” OD = 7 mm (0.274 inches).

I’ll be using them in two active systems, one with SE amps, the other likely the Aksa Nirvana.

Cable specs fyi here:
http://bwccat.belden.com/ecat/jsp/I...efined&P4=undefined&P5=undefined&P6=undefined

What are the best options? (How are they connected, eg soldered); and
Is the strain relief effective?
Any other comments . .

I also need a set of connectors, for the same cable for video.
I haven’t bought the DVD or projector yet, but I’m told HDMI is the best.
Not Analogue, but if you also have an opinion, what connectors do you recommend for 7 mm cable & HDMI?

Thanks!

Hi jimbo

I’ve accepted an offer from a friend to buy.

I may try to find a local 'home manufacturer' with experience & kit to do the job reliably, if my attempts to join don’t work.

I’ll still need to select a good plug.

Yes, I’ve heard Blue Jeans are very good, but $/ m I think it’d come out more $.

My friend had acknowledged that 1694A is very stiff. The min. radius is 70 mm (2.75 inches). Should just work . .

My two systems are probably somewhat “extreme” – SL’s Phoenix with Aksa Nirvana, and another active system - SE tube amps + horns.

BTW:

I believe Canare are possibly the best way to go . . but

. . I can’t justify the $$ cost of their crimping tool

A soldering option or generic crimping is what I’m after.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.