diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Analog Line Level (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/)
-   -   Regulator Board ( group Buy ) (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/52334-regulator-board-group-buy.html)

jleaman 25th February 2005 07:57 PM

Regulator Board ( group Buy )

2 Attachment(s)
Ok it took me a week to learn eagle with some help from Jens Rasmussen i did a layout then he changed it to single sided. I will pot the board layout to see what people think and i welcome any suggestions and comment's. It is based of Nelson Pass's Regulator for the Zen amplifiers i saw it and wanted it for my personal use for some amps i have here at home. if any one is interested in a few boards please post it so i can see if we should start a group Buy.

BrianGT 25th February 2005 08:00 PM

Re: Regulator Board ( group Buy )

Quote:

Originally posted by jleaman
Ok it took me a week to learn eagle with some help from Jens Rasmussen i did a layout then he changed it to single sided. I will pot the board layout to see what people think and i welcome any suggestions and comment's. It is based of Nelson Pass's Regulator for the Zen amplifiers i saw it and wanted it for my personal use for some amps i have here at home. if any one is interested in a few boards please post it so i can see if we should start a group Buy.
Where are the input and output connections?

--
Brian

jleaman 25th February 2005 08:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
the Schematic I used

jleaman 25th February 2005 08:02 PM

Not on the board yet. Im thinking just Solder Throu Hole Pad's

JensRasmussen 25th February 2005 08:32 PM

Jason

I think you can make a better layout if you use two layers.

Also I think that fuses might be a nice feature along with some connectors or solderpads.

\Jens

jleaman 25th February 2005 08:37 PM

Ok I ll try a new layout tonight then when i get home ill be up if you want to chat again Jen's. Im also thinking maybe some fuses and a led showing it is on and the bridge rectifier on board so all that is needed is the tranny Directly connected to this board.

1) Fuse per rail.
2) led Status Light
3) input / out put Terminal's
4) Onboard Bridge Rectifier's using a bridge or Fred's.

jleaman 19th May 2005 09:39 PM

Ok i have improved the board and now i shal get one etched to see if it work's. I have some questions on what diodes to replace / change to lower the output rail voltage. Maybe some tips from nelson or some one ?

pinkmouse 19th May 2005 09:50 PM

Do we get to see it? :)

Z1-6 set the voltage. What rails are you trying to get?

jleaman 19th May 2005 09:54 PM

Of course and ill share it too : O ) I'm adding a few things tonight.

Ie power terminals
Output terminals
Led Power.
Dual secondary's Instead of one.
Thicker traces.
Maybe more cap's possibly 6 instead of 4.

I'm planning to use these for 2 thing's. One maybe if possible for my mini a's to bring down the voltage to 20v rail's and for my other blue amps that run on 40v rail's..

Hope it work's.

pinkmouse 19th May 2005 09:57 PM

For 20V rails, just use two 10V zeners per side, and link the unused pads. For 40V, use two 20V zeners per side.