Vandersteen OL-1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A buddy has one of these step-up transformers for MC cartridges. However, there is a slew of dip-switches at the rear for setting the cartridge load, but no lettering to say what switch does what, no manual, and Vandersteen is useless to ask for help.

Anyone have some info on this thing? Please???:spin:

I also have one of these but I can not find a manual either. The first four switches are for cartridge loading the best I can remember is with wll the switces set down it is 47k loading. Then by manipualting the the switches in combination you can get the loading down to just a few ohms. I am looking for the manual still but I am not hopeful . The second set of switches is for high fequency rolloff , all down no roll off if I remember correctly. In any case it is to bad no one has more info because is is a very versitile excellent working headamp. Cheers George

I got the loading for switches 1-4 it is as follows;
all down 5000 ohms
1 up 100 ohms
2 up 50 ohms
3 up 25 ohms
4 up 11 ohms
1,2 up 35 ohms
1,2,3 up 16 ohms
1,2,3,4 up 6 ohms
2,3,4 up 6.5 ohms
3,4 up 7.5 ohms
2,4 up 9 ohms
1,3 up 18.5 ohms
1,4 up 9.5 ohms
Well I know it is probably late for the original poster but for all of you in the future this should make it a little easier , I still can't remember about the high fequency roll off but experiementation would be fairly easy. Cheers George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.