Audio mixer for bench diy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
I want to build a 4 channel audio mixer for my work bench.
I have drawn up a circuit. Just a basic virtual earth configuration with an inverting opamp.
My question is, do I have to ensure that all input signsl leave the mixer output socket, in phase? That will mean I need to use a second opamp to invert the signal again.

Hi all
I want to build a 4 channel audio mixer for my work bench.
I have drawn up a circuit. Just a basic virtual earth configuration with an inverting opamp.
My question is, do I have to ensure that all input signsl leave the mixer output socket, in phase? That will mean I need to use a second opamp to invert the signal again.

It doesn't matter about phase.

Similarly if using a differential input circuit then you can swap there. If you're going to be taking measurements from the mixer output and elsewhere then easier to have everything in phase. Will work either way but less possibility for confusion and one less thing to think about.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.