Cheapest Remote controlled input selector.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you're looking for something already built, there is a kit quite common on eBay. Look for something with "lite" in the name. About 40$ but the source selection doesn't work too smoothly.

If you want to roll your own, have a look at my thread in this forum. A preamp for the average guy or something like that. I might offer the PCB files at one point but not before testing... Probably not before October or so.

Well, you need a IR receiver, a micro controller (or something like an Arduino) to decode the signal and turn them into instructions, relays to switch the signal, a motorized pot to control volume and some electronics to interface the controller with these. And obviously a remote. And a power supply.

Just looked at such speakers on ebay -> HIPOINT AUDIO 2.1 SURROUND SOUND SPEAKER SYSTEM WITH BLUETOOTH USB & REMOTE | eBay. It looks like the remote is only for controlling the playback via Bluetooth: play/pause, next/previous track and that is it. It does not let you controlling the volume or bass level. Those are standard potentiometers with knobs on the front panel. There is also no input selector as far as I can see. If you have other set of speakers in mind then post the link to it so we can see what you mean.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.