More pre-amp advice...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...It provides comprehensive and sophisticated filtering, are you sure you need something after?...
After rereading through your post, I would like to address this.

Your point is correct, I could certainly make any 'tone' adjustment I wanted in the DSP and it would accomplish it flawlessly.

What I want is a standalone user interface that is simple and intuitive. The question becomes how to implement that. I will be using the DSP as a crossover/correction network. What I want to do is to program it and forget it, but then also have access to simple sound correction on-the-fly as desired.

To adjust the DSP I could leave it connected to a laptop or PC, or I could build and program an interface with an Arduino going to a conventional panel - or I could build a simple volume/tone control with one 8 pin dip and a few resistors and capacitors, etc.

So you see, I have actually thought this out, and thus defined what my needs are per the entire system - but thanks again for the suggestion.

I *think* this is what you want. I've called it the QD preamp (Quick and Dirty) but it will work. Lots of gain (easy to change), Tone defeat, Bass, Mid, Treble and Volume. All simple stuff. Could do with less coupling caps and a few other tiny details but it will work and make lots of noise.

Attachments

• QD_preamp.png
    QD_preamp.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 131
  • QD_preamp_LTSpice.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 33
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.