Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Frank Audiomixer Model 470
Frank Audiomixer Model 470
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th June 2018, 02:53 PM   #1
Depaj is offline Depaj  France
diyAudio Member

Default Frank Audiomixer Model 470

Hello,

I got a little Frank model 470 in a batch of amps and other stuff I bought. It's very hard if not impossible to find any info. I just know they were made in Brussels and the model 570 is for sale at 380 on Hifivintage.eu.

If anyone knows anything about this model, that would be great.

I'm probably going to sell it so if any of you are interested, feel free to send me a message. It's in decent condition, some scratches on the front, might have been repaired before (one transistor doesn't seem original). All I did on it was clean the pots, change the bulb and put back a nut that was missing. All inputs work, the faders are quite hard to move (even after cleaning with special fader deoxit) but they aren't noisy. The feet are missing.

Some pics :
DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg
Old 27th June 2018, 08:04 PM   #2
PRR is offline PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

> 380€ on Hifivintage.eu

To my eye, 20 dollars is the top of the market, unless two bidders are incredibly nostalgic for their early days. It was built about as cheaply as possible. Some parts have not aged well. Your images show significant "repairs" which may not have been done correctly. At best, the 2-transistor pickup preamps will have RIAA error. The Micro inputs are Hi-Z unbalanced which is no longer common. So while very very cute, and brings back memories of similar gear, it is the kind of thing we all wanted to upgrade from, and don't really want to play with today.
Old 28th June 2018, 05:53 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

380 is for the model 570, it does seem a little more elaborate, no idea though how it's built, there are no pictures of the inside.

Well maybe I'll try, start at 10 and see where it goes, even if it goes at 20 but makes someone happy, I'll be too.

I just see one transistor that has been replaced, and a few resistors that don't seem original (although the solder joints do). The person I bought the whole batch from said he actually used it for a while and that it sounded really nice as a turntable pre. I'll give it a go and see for myself.

Again if you guys have any info on this...
Old 28th June 2018, 10:09 PM   #4
MAAC0 is offline MAAC0  Portugal
diyAudio Member

I remember seeing those DIN mic inputs in Bus Head-units.
I Believe my old Grundig TK-146 reel to reel tape deck have those also.
They were popular in the 70s on German gear (DIN45500 era).
Old 29th June 2018, 10:09 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

A lot of european brands used these : dual, esart, itt, radiola, philips,...
The frank has both, the rca inputs are in series with the din connectors.

Frank Audiomixer Model 470Hide this!Advertise here!