AMB a10 / alpha10 builders: Measurement Data and Comparisons?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have been considering a couple of different preamp options and the amb a10 looked appealing for a number of reasons.

But, for the life of me I can’t find much of anything in the way of published performance data, either as a completed unit or of the modular parts that make up the a10.

Can anyone who has built one kindly provide? Either in balanced or unbalanced form. Also, of course looking for impressions and comparisons as well, particularly with the dcb1 / dcg3.

Not sure if you have seen the page on the amb.org site. Some of the information would be here - The α10 Stereo Pre-amplifier. Look at the specifications tab. Also there is a link to measurements on that page, two or three lines the RMAA test results header.
There are also reports of various builds (balanced and SE) on the forum under the Micellaneous header - AMB Laboratories DIY Audio • View forum - Miscellaneous
You need to copy both of the lines above as one line. For some reason this forum editor drops a line after the question mark.
Hope this helps.

Yes thank you. It’s a bit hidden there when looking from a phone.

Also I should have been more clear:

These measurements often have the a20 modules configured as a buffer.

From the experiences I have seen of others, the drift seems to get much worse as you increase gain.

I’m wondering what the numbers look like with higher gain settings, as well as some recommendation of optimization for the integral parts that could minimize such an effect, or contribute to better long term precision in general terms.

Also wondering about what kind of benefit matching the BC550/560 for the o22 psu and output transistors for the a20 modules might have.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.