Single layer op amp crossover PCB layout - anyone interested in the design?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.
As with many things in life I always have too many projects going at any one time.
After years of using my active crossover built on veroboard, and delaying having a good PCB etched professionally, I eventually just designed a single layer board that I could easily fabricate at home.

Its not a perfect layout but I tested it today in the midst of much electrical interference WITHOUT the usual decoupling capacitance at the IC pins with no issues (I'm waiting for them to arrive in the mail) so I'm happy that the layout isn't terrible.

It's a simple 3 stage design using dual op amps is in the common pinout, including a spot for an RC on the LPF and PD on the HPF for driver level matching. It includes extra pads for parallel connection of capacitors for more precise filter tuning. The circuit itself was designed for Visaton AL130 woofer and G20SC tweeter and I can also post those component details presuming I don't document here in one of my (by now) ancient threads on the project. The layout can of course be used with components that suit your application (It's quite flexible)

I plan to post the design and layout here if there is any interest in a free layout that may save the hassle (time investment) of design.

Im interested in this. I'll be bi-amping my 2 loudspeakers and on the look for a suitable line level crossover.

I can only cut single layer pcb's at my mill currently, i'm not good with vias. is it 3-way or 2-way? Is the crossover anyhow affected by input or output impedances, if not im planning to add volume knobs to it. Or does it already have volume control on it?

Hi.

I'll post the schematic when back at my desktop.

There is no input buffer on the front end, it is strictly 3 stages of fallen key filters.

In the case of high pass, in order of stages this runs: high pass stage 1, high pass stage 2, potential divider for level matching followed by buffer for output.

For the low pass, RC baffle step compensation stage, low pass stage 1, low pass stage 2.

As an aside, the preamp board is just about finished and that is the next part I will etch, and then I can post here also.

This is just the way I ended up designing it, so input selector, and input buffering/gain plus input RC low pass for RF rejection and DC blocking RC are also absent on the crossover board but will be on the input board.

Well, eh, i need a 3-way crossover. I guess i need to learn pcb layout design or i'll go with a passive crossover network after the amplifiers. Thanks anyway

You could however use one board for HP and LP filters and then a second board for mid bandpass filter....

Would mean 4 boards for a 3 way speaker as opposed to only 2 boards for a stereo 2 way system.

But it would work with a bit of Ingenuity

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.