Replacement/Better then/ Swap LM1036?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a single 12v dc powered YJ tone board using this IC. I Don’t like it as i find it too noisy! So i’ve avoided using it. Is there a newer, lower noise 16pin preamp IC i can swap it with? So i can put this tone board back to use?

Yuan Jing Audio - LM1036 Audio Tuning Board [Delux Version] - USD $18.90 - Integrated Tuning Boards
LM1036_Audio_Tuning_Board_2-800x800_0.jpg

While i was searching there was a suggestion of :
PGA2310 +/-15V Stereo Audio Volume Control | TI.com
but im not sure if its a drop in replacement? does it work from single dc? Or only duel +/- DC?

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
There's no upgrade. The LM1036 was a low-cost solution for car/TV applications, and not even real satisfactory for that. There are related parts of not-same pinout and no better performance. The PGA2310 is *NOT* remotely similar without a total redesign- it is a great volume control but needs a digital (not voltage-pot) input.

For 20 bucks I think you got your money's worth. Maybe use it in a garage system?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.