Audio sensing relay 230V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

Objective:
  1. Cut mains power (Open 220V circuit) to n devices when no audio received after 600 seconds.
  2. Close circuit when audio received.

So essentially an audio signal sensing relay, with a delay function. I could have one relay trigger another relay but that is not idea.

I found:
  1. ST-ACR1 ‐ Line-Level Audio Controlled Relay - 0.5 to 5 s (Expensive and requires another HV relay).
  2. 12V 0-10A DC Current Detection Module Current Sensing Detecting Delay Relay G8T0 | eBay (not sure about this, the Chinglish a little confusing)

Any advice appreciated.

Hi,
You can do it easily if you are willing to write a program/sketch like Arduino. You can use an op amp to amplify the input signal to at least from 1 to 5 volt so the micro analog input can read it. Write a routine to energizes the relays in the sequencing that to want to enable them. Easy.

Hi,
I can help you in the programing but my advice to you it is try to get an Arduino UNO and start learning it. There are many many hobbyist today that are using it in their design/projects. It is easy to learn and there are a lots of web side with tutorials on how to use and how to programming it.

Try to do an schematic on what do you want and the voltage specifications for the components that you are going to use.

Hi,

You may need to sit down and analyzes why they are keeping burning up. Remembered that you need to understand the input/output specification and make sure they are not exceed. Today all my projects are built using a micro. By using a micro you will minimizes the components count since most of the logic are done in the programming.

I already have built 20 projects using the Arduino and up to today never had one fail on me. Also you need to understand how to interface them to the outside world when using high voltage. They do not like high voltages/spikes.

Write an schematic what do you want to accomplish and I will go thru it to see how to interface the micro to your project. Please make sure provide the voltages.

My pcb for this

MSADP-2
Audio Input:
Hi Level & Lo Level
Audio Output: Lo Level with gain control
Turn on delay: up to 6min.

Attachments

• IMG_20180131_102404.jpg
    IMG_20180131_102404.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_20180131_102355.jpg
    IMG_20180131_102355.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 178
For anyone googling this in the future; the Yamaha WXC-50 puts out a constant 11.97v while on.
When Standby is triggered it slowly decreases voltage to ~1v in 8 seconds, then another 10 seconds to a background 80mV.

Well that's what mine does.

The WXC-50 has an Alexa skill, so I just need to say Alexa, turn on the tubes, the amp has a 30 second preheat so it takes that long for the front speakers to kick in, but the sub starts in ~2 seconds.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.