NE5534 circuit. I need more bass. Help!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That would be way too much, by about ten times. No wonder it sounded bad.
Do you have any 22pF polystyrene or cog/npo ceramic types?

Probably not. My daughter is sleeping I will dig trough old parts must have it somewhere.

The only reason I messed with that 1pf in the first place because it was the easiest to remove.

I did have some 5pf silver micas few months back. Will that lower it much? It may have been 3pf but I know they are superior grade caps!!

Probably not. My daughter is sleeping I will dig trough old parts must have it somewhere.

The only reason I messed with that 1pf in the first place because it was the easiest to remove.

I did have some 5pf silver micas few months back. Will that lower it much? It may have been 3pf but I know they are superior grade caps!!

To be honest I wouldn't bother with that 1pF capacitor at all. I doubt it is needed as the NE5534 is compensated with the 22pF between pins 5 and 8. Leave it out.

Then what sets your high frequency rolloff is the 220pF capacitor. Increase it to decrease the rolloff point.

Joined 2011
I did have some 5pf silver micas few months back. Will that lower it much?
It may have been 3pf but I know they are superior grade caps!!

You could try a couple of those in parallel instead of the 1pF feedback cap.
Remember not to change the existing 22pF cap, that's necessary for unity gain stability.

Do you use phono, or CD mainly? If CD, you could bypass this stage entirely.

Preamp. CD players output 2V RMS which is enough to drive most power amps so loud it'd make you deaf (and kill your speakers) without any extra gain.

What amp are you connecting this to ? You might simply want a buffer followed by a potentiometer for volume control.

Joined 2011
I use mainly CD, what stage can be bypassed?

For CD, you don't need any gain at all, so you could bypass this entire stage.
That is, take the signal from before its input. What amplifier is this?

I've had very good results by using the CD player directly into a 10k volume control,
then into the power amp. That is, bypass the entire preamp for much better sound.
No hacking around on the circuit needed, either.

For CD, you don't need any gain at all, so you could bypass this entire stage.
That is, take the signal from before its input. What amplifier is this?

I've had very good results by using the CD into a 10k volume control, then into the power amp.
That is, bypass the entire preamp section. Much better sound.

The pre amp is built in the amp itself. Its split into pre and power

Right, you just add a volume control between the CD output and the power amp input jacks
of the amplifier. You use it as a power amplifier, instead of an integrated amplifier.

I get that and it probably will sound better. But its not my amp, well it is but I'm working on it for a dear friend and I just want the sound to be perfect for him.

Its old and has no name but very well built its not even worth mentioning it, I'm just really excited the mods mentioned kindly here are a real working solution and has literally opened my eyes to so many other amps that could be modded this way!! Thanks to you guys!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.