Pre-Amp Crossover/LPF

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, I have a dilemma that I would like some advice with. In my car I have a sub/amp combo that accepts a single 4v low level pre amp input. My car stereo outputs a full range 4v low level pre amp output. What I am looking for is a low pass filter that can go between the stereo output and amplifier input.

It would need to be 80hz 12db slope and work with the 4v low level pre out. Also the wiring isn't RCA in my car, it's stranded automotive wiring. I have been googling for hours and this is seems like the closest match:

Harrison Labs FMOD Inline Crossover Pair 70 Hz Low Pass RCA

However this is RCA, I'm looking for something similar but with standard wiring at the ends. Also I want something that wont lower the gain going to the amp, as it's matched perfectly to the car stereo right now, just full range.

Thanks for the help, I'm a total newbie.

I have a 2018 Ford F-150 using the factory head unit, and factory sub and sub amp. I don't want to change the head unit or sub, as they are factory. In stock form the head unit provides the crossover to the sub output, however I modified my head unit to output full range low level (4v) signal on all outputs. I did this because I am using a 4 channel amp on my door speakers, and wanted to cleanest sound to the door amp. In the process this made the factory sub output also go full range, so now the factory sub amp is getting a full range signal.

What I want is something inline from the headunit output to the factory sub amp input. The wiring isn't RCA, it's standard automotive 18 gauge wiring.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.