Passive pre-amp for active speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay but I wasn't questioning the signal strength.
I'm pointing out that MM cartridge needs correct loading / RIAA response before you can do anything else with it.
ie you need a Phono preamp as the 'first stop'.

As I mentioned in my previous posts I have two of them:

phono stage 1
Output impedance: 82 Ohms
Maximum output voltage: 9 V

phono stage 2
Output impedance: 200 Ohms
Maximum output voltage: 1.8 V

As I mentioned in my previous posts I have two of them:

phono stage 1
Output impedance: 82 Ohms
Maximum output voltage: 9 V

phono stage 2
Output impedance: 200 Ohms
Maximum output voltage: 1.8 V

Okay. So you already have phono preamps. I misunderstood.

Anyway - If you can't find what you want ready made I recommend DIY :) After all you're in the right place.
Cheers.

That would fit the bill with added source switching - have a think about crosstalk / feedthrough from the non selected source if that is an issue for your application. And you'll need to provide the Power.
But it's a fair number of parts. Unless you want its particular sonic footprint the easiest way IMO would be to build simple op amp buffers after the pot using 'standard' NE5532 or NE5534 (compensated for stabilioty at unity gain) opamps or LM4562. For less current demand OPA134. Lots of options with same pinout.
Dual supply eg +/-15V would make simpler circuit but if only one rail you can split it to give a virtual ground.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.