crossover filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all .
I do not know English and so I try to make myself understood as I can.
I would like to ask you a question about something that frills in my head to know if it is a viable and feasible way or a stupid thing.
To avoid misunderstandings I state that I am not an expert in these things.
I know that the speakers, usually with two or more ways, usually use passive crossover filters that have the main function of cutting high and low pass frequencies located downstream of the amplifier.
a frequency converter to operational voltage could perform the same function?
I explain in general the circuit I have in mind:
if I connect the output of the DAC to the converter when the frequency reaches the set cutting value, at the output of the operation corresponds a precise voltage that can be used to drive a sort of electronic diverter.
So every time you go over or down with respect to that precise voltage, the electronic deviator placed at the output of the amplifier provides to sort the signal on the woofer pair or on that of the tweater. in this case there is a signal separation between woofer and twiter which must be served by two pairs of conductors.
the filter works in parallel with the amplifier and not on the signal and you can free space between the amplifier and the speakers for other functions such as impedance compensation.
I do not know if there are other functions that the filters have to do.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.