Aerial Module fail...where can I locate parts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I have a Sony HCD- GP7. The FM aerial socket broke off...I removed the aerial module and tried to resolder the socket back..The aerial still failed to work. I want to locate and purchase the FM/ LW aerial module...Is that my only option?

The number I can see on the module is 626-11 3610M88C. ( I have an image of the part)
Is this the right forum to post on or should I post on Analogue line level?

All thoughts welcome,

Thanks, Jon.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
A couple of good pictures would be best.

Generally (all makes and models) these things are fixable although if the socket has been ripped out of place then print in the 'module' could be damaged.

I would doubt it would be worth the expense of trying to obtain a new 'module' tbh.

The term 'module' as used hear means a metal can containing the front end circuitry and that has a socket soldered onto the metalwork.

Pictures ! So we can see what you have done.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
That should be fixable tbh.

If its not working after you have soldered it back then the most likely cause is that the connection from the circuit board to the middle part of the socket has been ripped and damaged.

You need to prise the top and bottom plates off the can and very carefully examine the board where that centre pin would solder to.

Make sure you mark the position of the plates because they may not be symmetrical. Sometimes there are little fingers of metal that contact internally in the can. Should be pretty obvious when you take them off though.

Attachments

• AE.JPG
    AE.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 22
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.